Mahlstedt Ranch Summer News!
Tana, Corinne, & Danielle rode in the Glendive 4th of July parade (above)
Tienna & MRI Perky Blue Jet (below 3rd from left) won the Terry Horse Race!
Grasshoppers, flies, and drought have been the struggle again this year. Many areas around us had plentiful rain, but that was not the case for us. Seeing grasshoppers overgraze the pastures and animals struggle with the meanest flies we’ve ever seen is certainly disheartening, but we know…..
Thank you so much for the wonderful updates of pictures, texts, videos of how your horses are working so well to you! We love hearing from you. I sure appreciate the regular smiles from your messages! Now we are starting to get great reviews on our vacation offerings too! If you haven’t followed our Agritourism page on facebook, here is a link: (7) Facebook
We congratulate our Corinne Canen who had quite a month. In July, she received a state 4-H award in Horse, won the Video Production Contest at Montana Congress, and had a terrific county fair. There, she won upper level Horsemanship, Sr Horse showmanship, Sr. Dairy Goat showmanship, and again won the overall showmanship Round Robin.
2023 OPEN HOUSE information:
We know that many look forward to our Open House and ‘eye candy’ we offer in our corrals along with the discounts we give that day. Foal halter breaking will happen the weekend of August 25 & 26 and our Open House will be Sunday, August 27th at the ranch.
Pasture Pick Pricing will end August 12th. No weanlings will sell Aug. 13-26 as we prepare for the 27th. Individual pricing list will be released on the morning of August 27th.
The day of the Open House is the only day of the year that all of our horses are available at the ranch for viewing.
- The corral gates will be opened to guests at 2 pm.
- The first hour will be a SILENT BID process.
- At 3 pm, sales will be able to be closed.
- We will have a brand inspector on site for horses leaving that day.
- We have a vet appointment Monday morning Aug. 28th for blood to be drawn for Coggins/health for those horses going out of state.
If you are coming a distance and would like to stay at the ranch, we offer these options:
- Our vacation rental house is available at a discounted rate for horse purchasers: Book the MRI Horse Purchase Stay at Mahlstedt Ranch | Jord’s House: Seclusion in the Badlands in Montana. (landtrust.com)
- We also offer camper water/power hookups: Book the RV Camping at Mahlstedt Ranch | Hannah’s House in Montana. (landtrust.com)
We will also have door prizes of some of our great MRI swag products (watch for exciting new products coming soon!) including our signature coffee, clothing, scarves, and antler scarf slides. Buy a horse and enter your name!
Details and information regarding the Open House and pricing will be posted on our website after the Pasture Pick Pricing system closes. Until then, have a wonderful, safe, and productive August.